1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup sliced almonds
2 large apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch slices
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 (8 oz.) carton vanilla yogurt
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup apricot preserves, melted
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar and butter; beat on low speed until well blended. Beat in 1 egg and 1/4 tsp almond extract to form crumbs. Press crumb mixture in bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of ungreased 9-inch spring form pan. Sprinkle with raisins and almonds. Arrange apple slices over raisins and almonds in desired pattern. In medium bowl, dissolve cornstarch in milk. Add lemon juice, vanilla, 1/4 tsp almond extract, yogurt and 1 beaten egg; blend well. Pour over apples. Bake at 375 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool 30 minutes, remove sides of pan. Brush preserves over apples. Refrigerate any remaining tart.
7:04 AM | | 0 Comments
*Basil-Buttered French Bread*
* 2 tbsp. of butter or margarine, melted
* 1/2 tsp. of dried basil
* 4 (1 inch thick) slices of French bread
In a small bowl, combine butter and basil. Brush butter mixture over one side of each bread slice. Place buttered side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
6:20 AM | | 2 Comments
*Italian Chicken with Penne*
* 1 pkg. Penne, uncooked
* 1 cup hot water
* 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
* 2 tsp. chicken-flavor instant bouillon
* 1 (14 oz,) can artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered.
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1/3 cup dry red wine
* 1,5 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
* 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 3 tbsp. olive oil
* 2 cups milk
* 2 tbsp. cornstarch
Cook pasta according to package directions. In small bowl, combine water, tomatoes and bouillon; let stand 15 minutes. In large skillet, over medium heat, cook onions, artichokes and garlic in wine until tender, about 3 minutes; remove mixture from skillet. In same skillet, over medium-high heat, brown chicken and basil in oil. Add tomato and artichoke mixtures; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir together milk and cornstarch; stir into chicken mixture.
6:12 AM | | 0 Comments
*Baked Chicken Calzones*
* 1 10 oz. pkg. refrigerated pizza dough
* 1/4 cup prepared pesto
* 8 tbsp. ricotta cheese
* 1 1/2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (scant 1/2 cup)
* 1 oz. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
* 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half, cut into bite-size pieces
* 2 tsp. grated Parmesan/Romano mixture
* 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil Parsley sprigs for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unroll pizza dough and place on greased baking sheet. Layer pesto, cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes and chicken breast pieces in middle of dough. Lift one edge of dough and stretch over the filling to form a half-moon. Seal edges by pressing with tines of fork or pizza wheel, and make a fluted edge around the seal.
2. Prick top with fork to allow steam to escape. Brush with olive oil. Bake in preheated oven 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley.
6:07 AM | | 0 Comments
* 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
* 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 1 small onion, sliced
* 1 medium green peppers, cut into strips
* 1 (28 ounce) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
* 1 lb. cooked spaghetti
1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage and cayenne pepper for about 5 minutes. Add enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Transfer to your crock-pot and add onion and green peppers. Pour spaghetti sauce on top.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW and cook 2-3 hours longer.
4. Serve over spaghetti.
10:20 AM | | 0 Comments
meat loaf milanes
* 1 lb. lean ground beef
* 1/2 c. egg substitute
* 1/2 c. Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
* 1/2 can tomato paste
* 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 small onion, minced
* 2 tbsp. light butter
* 1 tbsp. garlic powder
* Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl combine the beef, egg substitute, crumbs, paste and Parmesan. In a small saucepan, saute the onion in the butter with the garlic powder until translucent. Add to the beef mixture and combine well. Add salt and pepper. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serve with ketchup if desired.
10:17 AM | | 0 Comments
9:59 AM | | 0 Comments
E-mail : email@example.com
Group facebook : THE FIRST COOKING WITH CHEF RAYSONIC